Recipe from Patricia Varnum
“This is a Fall favorite in my house! It’s the perfect size for a family but can easily be doubled or tripled for large gatherings.” – Bobbie Jo
|4 c SWP Sweet Potato|
1 stick of butter
3/4 c brown sugar
1 t cinnamon
1 t vanilla extract
|1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.|
2. Spray 9×13 casserole dish with nonstick spray or coat with butter. (Butter
for coating not included in ingredient measurements.)
3. Pour sweet potatoes in dish. Slice half the stick of butter into 6 pats and
place on top of the sweet potatoes. Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake
for 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
5. Melt the remaining half stick of butter and stir in the vanilla. When the timer
goes off, remove foil and stir sweet potatoes.
6. Next, you sprinkle the sugar
and cinnamon over the top of the sweet potatoes.
7. Then pour the butter
mixture over the top. Recover with foil and bake in the oven for another 15-
8. Turn oven off but keep them covered and in the oven until ready to serve warm.