“Chicken Salad is a classic go-to lunch. The roasted pecans in this recipe give such a nice crunch and depth of flavor.”
|2 chicken breasts, bone in,|
skin on (1 1/2 pounds)
Good olive oil
1 c SWP pecan pieces
1/2 c mayonnaise
1/2 c sour cream
1 T chopped fresh tarragon
1 c grapes, cut in 1/2
|1. Preheat oven to 350°F.|
2. Place the chicken breasts, skin side up, on a baking sheet and rub them
with olive oil. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Roast for 35-40
minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Set aside until cool.
3. When the chicken is cool, remove meat from the bones and discard the
skin and bones. Cut the chicken into 1/2-inch dice.
4. Meanwhile, place the pecans on a separate sheet pan and toast in the
oven for 7-8 minutes until golden. Set aside to cool.
5. For the dressing, mix the mayonnaise, sour cream, 2 teaspoons of salt, 1/2
teaspoon of pepper, and tarragon leaves, if using.
6. Place the diced chicken in a bowl, add the pecans and grapes. Pour the
dressing over the chicken and toss well