“These things are addictive! And it’s easy to swap out more or less of one of the nuts or chips based on your personal tastes. My daughter wanted some with no nuts, but my husband and I wanted ALL the nuts!” – Bobbie Jo
|6 T unsalted butter|
12 oz. semisweet chocolate
2 oz. unsweetened chocolate
2 extra-large eggs
1 T instant espresso powder
2 t vanilla extract
3/4 c sugar
1/3 c plus 1 T all-purpose
1 t baking powder
1/4 t kosher salt
1 c whole walnut halves
1 c SWP Pecans (pieces or
2/3 c peanut butter chips
|1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a few sheet pans with parchment|
2. In a bowl set over simmering water, melt the butter, 6 ounces of the
chocolate chips, and the unsweetened chocolate, stirring occasionally,
until just melted. Remove from the heat and cool for 15 minutes.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat
the eggs, espresso powder, and vanilla until combined. Add the sugar, raise
the speed to medium-high, and beat for 2 minutes, until the batter is thick
and falls back on itself in a ribbon. Set aside.
4. With the mixer on low, slowly add the chocolate mixture to the egg
mixture. Combine the 1/3 cup of flour, baking powder, and salt in a small
bowl and fold it into the chocolate mixture with a rubber spatula.
5. In another bowl, combine the walnuts, pecans, peanut butter chips, the
remaining 6 ounces of chocolate chips, and the tablespoon of flour and fold
it into the chocolate mixture.
6. With 2 soup spoons, drop rounds of batter 1 inch apart onto the prepared sheet pans.
Bake for 15 minutes exactly. Cool
on the baking sheets.